Electronic Discovery obligations are the same as any paper discovery exercise, with the main difference being the exponential growth in the volume of electronic documents, which has made managing the discovery process more complex.
With greater emphasis on proportionality and cost effectiveness in discovery, it is essential to get the right advice to help you meet your electronic discovery obligations. Without experienced advice, electronic discovery can be a very complex and costly process. Our expertise can assist with:
- Guiding you through the discovery process from start to finish
- Comprehensive project planning
- Strategies to assist you locate, review and produce documents, whilst identifying any potential risks or issues that may arise
- Managing the logistics of the discovery process, assisting with:
- Identifying sources of relevant documents
- Collection of documents from relevant locations
- Processing of documents both paper and electronic into a common electronic format stored in the one location
- Analysis of documents to cull the volume to be reviewed
- Culling of documents, by applying filtering techniques like keywords in an informed manner.
- Review of documents and co-ordinating the document review exercise
- Production of documents complying with listing and exchange formats
- Presentation of documents electronically at trial
- Ensuring suitable technology is used effectively and efficiently to ensure greater accuracy
- Explaining technical terms in PLAIN ENGLISH, between the legal team, client, IT professionals and outsourcing service providers
- Ensuring all the latest discovery court requirements are explained and complied with, both in New Zealand and other jurisdictions.
E-Discovery Consulting’s expertise will assist you with best practices tailored to suit your specific electronic discovery requirements.